Kudos to a follower on exposing more institutional racism !! Other commenters/ blogs point out that “colored privilege” is not specific enough when addressing black privilege so here is a black privilege checklist submitted from a viewer (good work). Bringing awareness to “Black Privileges” the same public way they point out other peoples “privileges” will help them realize what they have taken for granted and they are clearly over looking. The next time someone of color accuses white people of being the privileged ones, point out what they are clearly overlooking and feel free to ask them. Do they feel “privileged” having the opportunity to live a white lifestyle? Are they enjoying Western (white) style clothes, housing, education, language, society, culture, medical services, freedoms, cultural perks etc. ? Do they feel honored living in a country built by white people for white people? Do they like the fact that every one lets it “slide” when they practice “white face” and bleach their skin and hair, wear blue contacts or dress like a white person in a suit and tie ? Pointing out that they are clearly enjoying the best of someone else’s culture may remind them to be thankful and not behave in ways that are unwelcome here.
* Blacks have the right to take pride in their race. Whites don’t.
* Blacks can never be racist. Whites are always racist, even if they don’t try to be.
* Blacks get to play the race card. Whites don’t.
* Blacks never have to feel guilty about being black. Whites are trained to feel guilty about being white.
* Blacks have the right to make blacks only organizations like the Black Student Union and the Congressional Black Caucus. Whites don’t.
* Blacks have the right to never take responsibility for their own actions. Anything bad which happens to a black person can be blamed on racism or white people. Whites have to take responsibility and apologize for their actions.
* Rich black people have a right to be rich. Rich white people don’t.
* Black people have the right to demonize white people. White people don’t have the right to demonize black people.
* Black people are excused when they are prejudiced against white people. White people are never excused for prejudice against black people.
* Black people are a “protected class.” White people are not.
* Violent crimes by whites on blacks are “hate crimes.” Violent crimes by blacks on whites are just regular crimes.
* Blacks have the right to affirmative action and minority set-asides. Whites have to earn their positions.
* Blacks have the right to support programs from the government. White people don’t.
* Blacks are “cool.” Whites are “rednecks.”
* Black men are sexual supermen. White men are sexually inadequate. Black men have huge penises. White men have small, inadequate penises.
* Blacks have “civil rights”. Whites don’t.
* Blacks are in prison because of racism. Whites are in prison because they’re criminals.
* Black jury members have the right to acquit criminals, if they’re black.
* Blacks have the right to put a halt to any policy, statement, symbol, statistic, outcome, word or expression they find offensive. Whites have no such rights.
* Blacks are morally superior to whites.
* “[Blacks] enjoy cultural cache around the world as victors over oppression and the hard reality of what that looks like at this point in world history. The music that they enjoy, the clothes that they wear, their very mannerisms carry a certain amount of gravitas.”
* Blacks can assign collective racial guilt to “you white folks.” White people cannot do the reverse because that would be racist.
* Blacks have “black culture.” Whites are not allowed to have white culture.
* African-American studies is a celebration of blackness and black culture. Whiteness studies is a demonization of white people and white culture.
* White people need to undergo diversity/sensitivity training. Black people don’t.
* “… any generalization–favorable or unfavorable–about any minority that someone does not like is by definition “racist” and deserves to be suppressed–as long as it is said by a white person. Black diversity consultants, in contrast, can parade, without a shred of empirical evidence, the grossest racial and ethnic stereotypes with virtual impunity.”
* It’s racist to point out racism by blacks. It’s never racist to point out racism by whites.
* Whites have to walk on eggshells around blacks. Blacks don’t give a shit what whites think.
* Blacks have the right to riot and commit violent acts in response to perceived grievances. White people have to obey the law at all times.
* Blacks have the right to never be portrayed as criminals or low-lifes in films or on TV. Bad guys on the screen must always be white.
* Blacks have the right to never be ridiculed, mocked, belittled or laughed at. Whites have no such right.
* Black criminals have the right to have their race censored in media reports.
* Facts which cause blacks embarrassment or cast them in a bad light must be suppressed. Facts which cause whites embarrassment or cast them in a bad light are reported as is.
* Blacks can silence and intimidate whites by calling them racist. Whites can’t silence and intimidate blacks because that would be racist.
* Forcing whitey to apologize shows black power and clout. Whites can never force blacks to apologize because that would constitute a lynching.
* Whites are held to a system of ‘sensitivity’ requirements that do not apply to blacks.
* “Whites are monitored, pestered, and punished for preposterous reasons–for a look, for an innocent word, for wearing a T-shirt, for expressing a plausible argument–but blacks can say almost anything with perfect impunity.”
* “In discussions of race between black people and white people the conscious black person is always right; is always the ultimate authority on questions having to do with race and racism; must always be regarded as the ‘injured party,’ or the oppressed. . . . [Whites] cannot possibly be expected to be objective about questions of race.”
* Blacks may work for explicitly racial goals but whites may not.
* Blacks are permitted to notice race. Whites are not.
* “It is quite acceptable for either party to explicitly go after the black, Hispanic, or even the Jewish vote. In fact both parties gain an indispensable moral authority by doing so. But it is absolutely verboten for either party, or any white candidate, to appeal to whites as a racial identity group. Racial identity is simply forbidden to whites in America and across the entire Western world. Black children today are hammered with the idea of racial identity and pride, yet racial pride in whites constitutes a grave evil. Say ‘I’m white and I’m proud’ and you are a Nazi.”
* A black person who punches a white person is a hero standing up to oppression. A white person who punches a black person is a racist.
* It can be publicly admitted that blacks are superior to whites in certain pursuits (i.e. basketball). It can never be publicly admitted that whites are superior to blacks in other pursuits (i.e. winning Nobel prizes in science).
* When blacks are overrepresented in a desirable field, it is due to their abilities. When whites are overrepresented in a desirable field, it is due to racism. When blacks are overrepresented in an undesirable field, it is due to racism. When whites are overrepresented in an undesirable field, it is their own fault.